Labels

Sunday, November 21, 2010

"I Am NOT Leaving Home Without it!" Products

Every girl has a product or two (or few) that she MUST use before leaving the house or else she's a lucky duck...or perhaps just doesn't care?


Clean & Clear Continuous Control
Acne Cleanser
I so wish I could shower, brush teeth & throw on clothes & be DONE. Nope. First, I never leave home without a complete washing of my face & since I have oily skin...I keep my complexion clear with Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. Besides Oxy face wash...it's the only facial cleaner that actually works for me (I'm not being paid to promote any of these products...I speak truth). Products with Salycic Acid tend to give me more break outs for some reason. Or perhaps I'm allergic? Anyhoo, this one does the job without drying out my skin or making me react. It's an inexpensive find at any local drugstore or superstore (Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc.).


Grassroots Vitamin C Power Brightening Cream SPF25
Then I moisture with a non-oily moisturizer without at least SP15 (thanks to the dark pigmentation of my skin I don't need a higher sunscreen than that--and to think I originally believed dark skin didn't need sun protection HA!--that was before getting tested for invisible sun damage). My fav is Grassroots Vitamin C Power Brightening Cream (look Ma...it has vitamins!). It includes SP25 but more protection can never hurt. Something about the citrusy smell makes me feel like it actually sending sun thru my entire body & brightening me all over. Weird. It's midrange in price and I normally get it at Kohl's.



I also like Clean & Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer with SP15. This is a less expensive option that I can grab at any drug or super stores. This also has a faint citrusy smell that is less potent than the Grassroots option.
Clean & Clear Oil-free Morning Glow Moisturizer with SP15

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Mascara & eyeliner are a MUST. With my schedule, I need help in making people KNOW that I'm alert. I only use ONE tried & true, old-time mascara formula found in Maybelline's Great Lash (green top). My fav colors are Royal Blue & Blackest Black. This is a high-quality product at a very low cost found in drug & super stores.



Revlon Colorstay Liquid
Eyeliner



My eyeliner varies. For work & casual use, I use black liquid eyeliner. I have a few favs but the one you will find in my cosmetic bag the most is Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner. I like this option because if I am not wearing eyeshadow (& thus eyeshadow base)...it lasts all day without melting, feathering or flaking. It's another drug or super store buy at a low cost.




Mac Lipglass in Dreamy
Last but certainly not least, is my lipgloss. I do wear lipstick here & there but lipgloss rules my lips & my make-up collection (which needs its own blog to discuss). I have a plethora of non-sticky, lasting...juicy favs. But my all-time favs are  Mac Lipglass in Dreamy & Oh Baby. Mac is a high-end brand that I splurge on but it's SOOOoo worth it. The Mac Store & Macy's are the stores I usually frequent to get my Mac loot. 


MUAH! Ready to go babes...

No comments:

Post a Comment