Labels

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Queen Latifah: Plus-Size Is A Word We Need To Bury At This Point (PHOTOS)


I'm a size 8 and the industry used to make me feel 'guilty' that I am healthy with God-given curves (my overly curved buttocks). I am no longer considered 'fuller-fi­gured' or 'plus-size­d' because they finally got it right. I'm 'normal' & anyone that doesn't agree can look the other way or eat grits for life. However, Queen Latifah's size should perhaps be considered 'plus-size­' but only because of her height & size combined. She is beautiful & carries her frame well. She is tall as well as curvy so it puts her appropriat­ely in that category. And there is NOTHING wrong with that term in my opinion. It means what it is without being offensive. So 'full-fig­­ure' now represents 'larger than average/no­­rmal' size. This is based on the BMI (Body Mass Index) and not the rail-thin super models that had people confused.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment